Can she go to small claims court?

Answers:3   |   LastUpdateAt:2012-11-03 02:10:03  

Asked at 2012-08-15 07:11:03
To make the story a bit short :
My mother offered to be an endorsement on a car loan from my cousin. He promised both my mom and the dealer could make the payments. The car dealer get my mom to the buyer instead of the guarantee without his knowledge, and the car loan company , said it happens and can not do anything about it. So my cousin keeps missing payments on the car and my mother still coughing up about $ 400 just to avoid the inauguration because I knew I was going to fall back on your credit. She could not pay more, and voluntarily surrendered the car. She received a letter in the mail from the lender stating that he owes nearly $ 4000 in the car because they sold what remained of the loan (which means to pay the difference).

Can my cousin sue in court for the money because it was his car? The car was registered, and insured to my cousin , who stayed at home, and he was the only driver . He was not the primary loan holder . Can you sue?
Answer1KaitelynAnswered at 2012-08-15 08:42:04
It can sue and probably get a judgment. However, the chances of collecting on a judgment against a lazy are somewhere between nothing and zero.

If he had any property, it may impose a lien, and take that property , but I guess this is not compliant and will never have anything of value. Very expensive lesson . I hope you learned from it.
Answer2-SummeRAnswered at 2012-08-16 21:43:31
If they do their own car payments , what makes you think you have to pay your mom ?
Related Questions
  • Answer This Question:Can she go to small claims court?