What can I do if my boss doesn't pay me my salary?

Answers:2   |   LastUpdateAt:2012-08-28 03:15:02  

Soraya HELP!!!
Asked at 2012-08-12 02:11:02
I worked at a company for 4 months. I paid the first month (although it was paid 2 weeks later than expected), but have not yet been paid by the other 3 months. This is a small business, and my colleagues, less than 10 of us in total - are all in the same situation, waiting for our money.

It seems that the company has no money to give. The boss gives us plenty of excuses (the money is in your account on Friday, I'm in a meeting at this time to secure funding, I got a loan from my home to pay their salaries ...), but nothing ever happens .

Realistically, I'm ever going to get this money from it? This is a limited liability company, so I can only receive money from the company itself, rather than his person, right? So if I am sure that the company has no money for me, is there any point in me trying to take legal action? It seems to only be a waste of time, effort and money in my name. ACAS I called this morning, who advised me to write him a letter demanding payment of money owed within 2 weeks. After that, you can use the service of reconciliation without ACAS, and then possibly go to an employment tribunal, then maybe the small claims court. But again, it's worth the effort? Is there a realistic possibility that I can get the money he owes me?

It seems that the law is stacked heavily in favor of the owner of the limited liability company, rather than employees. Surely there must be some protection for employees? A friend mentioned that corporations should have a capital sum, which can be used to compensate employees in these situations ... Is this true? (I'm in the UK, and is a UK company, so that only UK laws apply here.)

I do not know if it makes any difference, but just take a new job I'll be starting a couple of weeks. I have not, technically, I quit my old job - my boss has no idea that I have found a new job yet - he did not want to give any excuse to not pay me.
Answer1MATH PLEASE HELPAnswered at 2012-08-18 11:37:02
I agree with Kernow , go to small claims court and take this new job.

If you keep working there, why would you pay ? You've been working for free for months and will continue to milk their loyalty .

Good luck .
Answer2shaynaAnswered at 2012-08-28 03:15:02
Sounds like there is no money to give . Take the new job then take the company to small claims court of your salary . MedlinePlus United Kingdom
Related Questions
  • Answer This Question:What can I do if my boss doesn't pay me my salary?