Am I liable for my irresponsible parents debt? ?

Answers:2   |   LastUpdateAt:2012-10-25 11:35:03  

Asked at 2012-09-12 14:51:05
When I was 16 I got braces and my mom had to pay for them . She signed all the papers because he was a minor . I have them out right around when I was 17 or 18. At that time , I remember my mother still making payments. Eventually , he went to collections under its name. Fast forward to today - I was looking at my wine in my account . I got accepted to graduate school for Master . Waiting for my finances says the loan was denied . After a few calls and checking my credit report , I see that my mother is in debt my credit report , with $ 1,000 in additional fines . I wanted to know if it was legal to have this in my report or if I have to pay for it , since it was the one carrying the keys . If it's a mistake , I will be able to go to college . If not, my credit is ruined and I will not be able to go to school with a report on my record collections . Please help ! Thank you ! :)
Answer1jaleAnswered at 2012-09-25 12:19:02
Sounds very suspicious to me . No law can be held responsible for the debt of the parents . Suppose that what happened is that their mothers debts and the credit score is affecting yours . (Which will pay college fees ! ) . Or did you sign any document taking responsibility for this debt ? Must go , I can not live the rest of your life with that hanging over his head . There are "credit" and black listed attorneys ' around. MedlinePlus Peace .
Answer2navid Answered at 2012-10-25 11:34:56
There are three credit reporting agencies . Look at your credit report from each. The last page offers instructions to dispute the entry in your credit report . There are usually 3 or 4 address of that page . Each address is for a different problem . Be sure to use the address to contest entries . You will need to provide proof that you were a minor at the time when his mother signed the paperwork . Ensure that only provide photocopies of proof . You keep the originals . MedlinePlus MedlinePlus Once you send dispute letters to each of the three credit bureaus , agencies have 30 days to contact the entity that put the entry in your credit report . Then the company has 30 days to respond . If the entity can not prove that you owe the money , the credit bureaus will reduce the input of your credit report .
Related Questions
  • Answer This Question:Am I liable for my irresponsible parents debt? ?