CA Speeding ticket- Used 3 extensions. Still cant pay. What now?

Answers:2   |   LastUpdateAt:2012-10-12 07:17:02  

Asked at 2012-09-03 18:25:03
I live in California and I got a speeding ticket a while ago, just after I lost my job . Since then , I've used three extensions , the last of which ends in two days when I have to appear in the traffic division , while I look for another job. I have not gotten another job I was sick for part of the time, plus the economy is bad here . Still I can not afford . I have no car , no money , no credit available to me and no one to lend me money . Am I right about homeless couch jumping now . I had a job interview on a weekly basis , but no offers yet. What will happen to me legally?
Answer1caymanAnswered at 2012-09-20 10:12:02
Another alternative is to tell the judge that you are indigent , which means you can not pay the fine at the moment. You may be scenduled for what is called a "hearing of Homelessness " , where you have to prove you can not pay the fine . From there , they will find a aternative or establish a payment plan you can do .
Answer2kbAnswered at 2012-10-12 07:16:17
I could only do jailtime for it , I could give two days , a weekend or something. Will you give 3 meals a day and a bed and shower . Consider a vacation in jail .. actually not that bad .
Related Questions
  • Answer This Question:CA Speeding ticket- Used 3 extensions. Still cant pay. What now?