Insurance for a Car Loan..?

Answers:2   |   LastUpdateAt:2012-11-01 22:34:02  

Asked at 2012-08-26 12:22:04
The thing is .. I just recently got my aunt to co - sign a loan on a 2001 Chrysler Sebring lxi . My boyfriend and I will be those with the car , but I on the other hand , I have a learner's permit , so I am unable to handle it , but my boyfriend has a license so he can . So to the finance company that we are paying the money I have on file , because I'm the only one with income , since he has no job. MedlinePlus MedlinePlus The problem I have is that the financial institution has my information , but " I" can not get insurance for myself as I will not be driving the car , just my boyfriend . So my question is , I have a learner's permit and have the driver's license and be, I can just put your name by insurance? The finance company called " proof of insurance " , but I'm not going to let him have insurance on your behalf , as the loan is in mine ? I do not want to get denied because a factor as it was accepted by the loan . MedlinePlus MedlinePlus Sorry, I'm new at all this :/ MedlinePlus MedlinePlus Any help is appreciated,
Thank you !
Answer1nathyAnswered at 2012-10-12 21:32:59
Sure you can get insurance before you get your license , you just put it on the list as a licensed driver . You say you have permission , but might want to exclude coverage for you from the beginning , until you actually get your license . MedlinePlus MedlinePlus The lender will not be able to match the insurance on behalf of another person, a loan in your name , so it will not work . The name on the loan , the policy , the title and tags must match.
Related Questions
  • Answer This Question:Insurance for a Car Loan..?