We are struggling financially - should our in-laws help out?

Answers:6   |   LastUpdateAt:2012-11-05 09:13:02  

Asked at 2012-08-24 06:52:02
Ok my husband and I are going to live with my parents and renting out our house because they can not pay our bills . A succession of bad luck as I lost my job and my husband having to take a pay cut has left us paying credit card bills , overdrafts and loans over the past 18mths . MedlinePlus MedlinePlus My parents did not have much but they help with our children's clothing and music classes . My in-laws are very rich - own their absolute freehold and another one that is rented ( both properties have a combined value of approximately
Answer1Lei (read ゝ ┌ Answered at 2012-08-24 21:57:20
Would be nice if I helped , but only because they are wealthy does not mean you should . MedlinePlus MedlinePlus Their financial problems are your problems . You should consult a financial advisor . MedlinePlus good luck
Answer2hamelsAnswered at 2012-08-26 10:52:03
Sorry, but I did'nt fully understand your situation , but just keeping matter , its wrong to rely on others , even the husband , so if you have financial crisis , so, every problem has a solution and that the coins have two parties to them . somethingh so do what you have and solve it , never seek human help , but if they voluntarily help but do not forget to accept as a credit and back . Fine as you said it's not because the luxury lifestyle , but it can happened because I was not prepared for such advance by the savings of a number of such crisis, good my thought would be his dignity is very expensive , not spend for such trivial precisely not be helped by their families , try someone you love , or friends.
Answer3kevin( to: ms. sue)Answered at 2012-08-29 14:33:16
Most parents would be in that situation I would think , but their money can do whatever they want with it . Just remember that in the future they did not and if you ever need anything , then I'm sure it can be busy !
Answer4BergeAnswered at 2012-09-28 03:37:03
I sympathize with your situation , and will level with you and state that I have no idea what 's going on. MedlinePlus MedlinePlus However ( and I feel bad for saying this ) - there is no obligation to help his in-laws . Yes , it would be the decent thing , and I agree that it is surprising that there has been provided or offered . MedlinePlus MedlinePlus Have you / your husband actually talked about taking a loan from them , at least ? You could even get a legal contract in place (if so inclined ) to indicate that you will pay the loan. MedlinePlus MedlinePlus Try direct contact with them . It's not easy and I'm pretty clumsy , but it could be possible that not explicitly understand fully the level of their struggles .
Answer5NormAnswered at 2012-10-24 08:28:30
I will be very honest with you . Her parents have no right to be upset with their laws should not think of the laws should pay their bills . They told you that you and your spouse have a financial problem and you and he has to figure out how to overcome that without relying on someone else's money . They have to encourage you and your husband can do this and this kind of thing happens to the best of us.
Answer6dbshfgAnswered at 2012-11-05 09:12:07
If they want to float you a loan that would be OK. The thing is you will just owe someone else. Grandpa said if you want to get rid of someone make them a personal loan. You will never see them again. You have gotten caught short because you lived on more than you make. You couldn't wait to save and make purchases so you used credit cards. The best thing to do is cut your credit cards up. Find a job if you are only stocking shelves at TESCO. Any money will be better than no money. If you can get out and mow gardens for the summer to make extra money you need to do it. Learn how to live on less than you make. That is the key.

If they had signed for the previous loan you would have been default with that also. The solution here isn't to find some where else to borrow money. The solution is to find some where to make some money to pay your bills off.

For a fact you can call your credit card debt and explain to them that you have no money. You want to lock the account so you can only pay the debt. Set up a payment plan with them. Ask if they can give you a break on the interest. If they say no then explain to them that some would be better than nothing. If they can't help you then you will have to file bankruptcy and they will get 0% of what you owe them. Negotiate those bills down. Stay in your room and watch the telly instead of going out.

Work your way out of this and you will be a better person.. You really don't need financial support you need other types of help.

Years ago we moved to this state. I had a job making $4.27 an hour. We didn't have a car. We had let it go back before we moved here. I walked 10 miles each way to work and back. I was gone about sixteen hours a day with work and walking. I asked my grandpa if I could borrow some money to buy a car. He explained that he would have to break a CD and pay a penalty if he did. He would do it but he would appreciate it if I would exhaust all other sources. I didn't have other resources. We were 20yrs old, no credit, had only live in this state for two months and didn't have a pot to pee in or a window to throw it out. After much discussion between my wife and I we decided it wasn't fair to Grandpa to spend money to lend us money. We worked out a deal with some of our neighbors in the apartments to trade babysitting so my wife could go to work. She found a job making $2.01 an hour. She also was lucky enough to find a ride to work. In short we made it. We managed to save up a few dollars and bought a clunker and never looked back.

The best thing my grandfather done for me was he pushed me to be strong and to find a way.
Related Questions
  • Answer This Question:We are struggling financially - should our in-laws help out?