Dad quit his high paying job and now is not paying child support?

Answers:6   |   LastUpdateAt:2012-10-08 08:58:03  

Asked at 2012-08-23 00:12:23
I do not know what to do here, I'm angry and I need some views of others on this subject. The father of my child has always been pretty good at making their child support payments, he is an official locksmith and thus made a lot of money ($ 60,000) and our agreement is for $ 546 per month, which was established by Support tables Alberta (where life) now in September, decided to quit his job and try to become a cabinetmaker so although it would be more difficult for my family that allowed him to reduce his payment to $ 350 per month according to the table amounts to what I wanted to do in the new job. I down Mat (unemployment insurance) and my partner has been made redundant and Employment Insurance is paying for it to go back to school so money is very tight right now as IE only give the amount we pay our bills essential not including car insurance or student loan debt or less what I'm getting permission stretcher and I have to go to childsupport. Now my ex is out of work and has a $ 14 per hour of work and stopped paying child support.He not yet paid for January and February has 13 days late. He used to answer the phone when I or my son calls him and he yells and curses at me about how not to pay and that the money you send should not be included in our family income. Do not know what part of me thinks I should go to Family Mantenace enforcment and can go after him for the money (and get your license, ruin your credit or put him in jail if not paid) but the other part of me understands that money is tight for him too, but I'm the only one who cares about keeping a roof over my son's head and food in the house while my credit invoice line visa and become increasingly large. It seems that all he cares about is himself and not even bother to talk to your son or check or anything. I do not want to make a decision with anger. What would you do?
Answer1Josh KnightAnswered at 2012-08-25 02:55:19
You have to go to court and get maintenance established. All I know is that if he is making $ 14 per hour and was out of work , how do you expect me to pay $ 350 a month ? You have to look at your debt . Your best bet would be to go to court though.
Answer2AhaiAnswered at 2012-08-25 11:42:20
If you have not paid child support then you have to do what you have to do , I understand money is tight , it is for many people at this time , but he is still responsible for paying child support. MedlinePlus MedlinePlus If my ex did not pay, I would go to Mantenace family and cope with it.
Answer3MbaliAnswered at 2012-09-08 01:11:02
Ok , money is tight , but his son still has to eat right ? Forget it , he would have to pay something .. I 'll be keeping in the family in a minute ....
Answer4LeonAnswered at 2012-09-19 14:20:08
I would say to wait a while longer : MedlinePlus times are tough for everyone right now, while you and your family know . But remember , you are probably too difficult for your ex . Her partner was fired , maybe your ex has too. Nothing , not even the employment or child support is guaranteed right now. MedlinePlus Not tell you yet. Try to get a straight answer from him first. Ask him if he got fired , or if there is another provision MedlinePlus it would be easier ( for example, 4 smaller monthly payments instead of 1 or 2 large ) . If he does not want to talk about it with you , or remains unpaid, and then think officially chase . MedlinePlus One thing I would like to highlight , not specifically to you , but to all parents who receive child support : Just as things change in your life , imagine that you may also be changed in the life of her ex-boyfriends , and MedlinePlus ~ ~ EDIT MedlinePlus Another thing to think about, now that I saw your new comments : MedlinePlus It is the parent without custody ALWAYS have that $ 30 per hour of work , or is not free to pursue a different career , perhaps a more stable , or one that you like best? I know that the custodial parent would , no questions asked. Just food for thought . MedlinePlus Again, I urge you to give a little more . If you have chosen to work while going to school , shows that he is responsible , but his paycut is taking its toll on their accounts , I'm sure , and it's only been six weeks . Maybe you 're trying to get your ducks in a row ? ? ? ? ?
Answer5) ã„£ Ni real estate Answered at 2012-09-23 23:51:02
since he quit his job I would like to assert that paid . that was an option , not as fired
Answer6Y0giAnswered at 2012-10-08 08:57:23
In all honesty, if you are worried about keeping a roof over their children's head and then down maternity leave and return to work and your partner get a job instead of being in the IE. personally i dint see what I was paying so much in the first place, and the support money that is paying for your child to be used for his only son, not his other children. Yes, you can go to find the application on it, but can only have a certain amount of your check and it might be only 100 to 200 a month from his paycheck if he makes 14 per hour. I'd say lower the IE and do what you have to do for your family, because even if you go for enforcment still no garentte you will get your money. MedlinePlus MedlinePlus This is what I think about editing. you can get another job if you it was bad, I know the law, but I also know that you need another job you can get one. and as for the medical problems that's what the insurance pays. sorry thats just my honest opinion. My mother, my father only paid 200 a month and that was enough to take care of me and it was not so long ago. MedlinePlus MedlinePlus MedlinePlus That's why I said go get enforcment in it, I was just saying that you can not get much and you probably will not get anything for a while. Takes a long time before you start receiving your money. Im not saying that you should not pay child support, it should be. About the fact that he is now working in a job of 14 hours instead of 30 if that is what he wants then have the right to do that, you can not just make work a better paying job because he wants more money . that's all I'm saying. you have to pay, but you probably will not get the money immediately. And I'm sure you can get a higher paying job then $ 8 an hour. All I know if it was my family and where about to lose a roof over our heads i would be out working my ass no matter what. honesty.
Related Questions
  • Answer This Question:Dad quit his high paying job and now is not paying child support?