My credit report contains medical bills from my ex-husband. If I have a court order, do I have to pay them?

Answers:4   |   LastUpdateAt:2012-11-02 01:52:02  

Asked at 2012-09-08 16:32:02
In 2007, he was ordered by the court that it was not responsible for these medical expenses . ( The judge ordered that I was responsible for my bills and was responsible for her - I have mine paid , of course not paid her ... ) I decided to check my credit report online , because my ex-husband has also added fraudulant charges to my credit and wanted to know if there was any (which of course , no ! But that's a totally different conflict . ) If I write the three credit bureaus to dispute medical expenses and include a copy of the court order , will they remove the bills from my report ? I live in Wisconsin , so the state law is any invoice obtained during marriage is both parties responsibility , but his court ordered ( and I told him to creditors upset when I called and was told that basically F off ! ) will this work ? My credit score has dropped from excellent to very poor in a year . I'm being denied jobs left and right and loans ... I need to know if it is even worth trying ..
Answer1alexsAnswered at 2012-09-15 15:33:06
No. Send a letter to the agency trying to collect and the three credit reporting agencies . Include a copy of the court order . MedlinePlus If they refuse to clarify ( the 3 credit reporting agencies should be able to do ) and if not cease and desist from returning to the judge to be able to contact them and get stopped
Answer2oraineAnswered at 2012-09-26 21:23:02
Again Studly is the only one who knows what he's talking about. MedlinePlus MedlinePlus All are good for divorce is dragging your ex in court for violating the court order.
Answer3789ML.Answered at 2012-09-30 02:28:02
I would contact your attorney to see what it says . And yes , it is worth , always worth saving and credit straigtening out , because this is your life . You do not want to settle for bad credit at the expense of another . So, stay with it until it is resolved. You have to.
Answer4UZOWULU CHARLESAnswered at 2012-10-05 02:55:26
Sending the court order to the credit reporting agencies to clear things up . You can also bring a copy of it to future job interviews in the meantime.
Answer5kareemAnswered at 2012-11-02 01:50:18
Write to the Credit Reporters and protest the entry. This can work.
Related Questions
  • Answer This Question:My credit report contains medical bills from my ex-husband. If I have a court order, do I have to pay them?