Foreclosure advice (Kentucky): Need to know where to turn for advice?

Answers:0   |   LastUpdateAt:2012-08-28 21:30:03  

Asked at 2012-08-28 21:30:03
This is for my friend - not me. But I do not even know where to begin to help you find answers. She was in a long term relationship with another woman. They had been "married" four years ago. She moved to the woman's house. It refinanced the house and put fully on behalf of my friend. Now, four years later, suddenly dumps his girlfriend and begins to leave the house. MedlinePlus MedlinePlus The bride is living in the house, not pay the house payment, my friend is receiving legal notices of foreclosure. She can not afford the home itself and no credit to refinance or anything. It is my belief that they owe more on the house than it's worth. They tried to sell the house a year ago and failed. The house is currently on the market, but probably not selling - or not selling for the money you owe. MedlinePlus MedlinePlus The girlfriend lives there with her adult daughter. They pay nothing for all we know. All utilities are also on behalf of my friend. The two vehicles, both are operated on behalf of my friend (my friend's car and his girlfriend - my friend is going to keep your car and the bride wants her to keep driving). They also have loans and credit cards together. MedlinePlus MedlinePlus Their marriage was (of course) to a legal (we are in Kentucky) and had no legal documents that deal with all kind of break. I say my friend needs to talk to a real estate attorney at least. MedlinePlus MedlinePlus Has anyone been in a situation like this or have any suggestions on where to go for advice? MedlinePlus MedlinePlus What I think: MedlinePlus MedlinePlus 1. I think my friend has to prepare a paper on the house that says if the house sells for more than you should, they split the extra 50/50 (this will never happen in today's real estate market). If the house sells for less or is taken by the bank must divide the amount due 50/50 and pay. MedlinePlus MedlinePlus 2. The bride has to find a way to (A) pay the car loan for the car you want to keep or get (B) the car loan in your name. MedlinePlus MedlinePlus 3. My friend's girlfriend has to sign a piece of paper on earnings stating that it will pay until you leave the property. Thus, if not paid, I think my friend could take her to small claims court. MedlinePlus MedlinePlus More information (sorry so long): My friend has declared bankruptcy in the last 10 years, so that is not an option. She also makes very little money and have a child to support itself (not receive alimony or other assistance). The bride has more money and have more education than my friend. The bride also has not been kind during the break. He has cheated me in a trade agreement before and I have no doubt she would lie, cheat and steal to protect themselves and get out of paying money. MedlinePlus MedlinePlus MedlinePlus So that's the background. What would you do? MedlinePlus

This Question:"Foreclosure advice (Kentucky): Need to know where to turn for advice?" No answers yet. Be the first!
Related Questions
  • Answer This Question:Foreclosure advice (Kentucky): Need to know where to turn for advice?